The Kentuckiana Stroke Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and reaffirms its commitment to equality of opportunity and pledges that it will not practice or permit discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the Site
- Who collects such information
- How such information is used
- With whom your information may be shared
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information
Kentucky and S. Indiana Stroke Association is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, e-mail address, format preference (HTML vs. Text), address, interests, and similar information. Some of the ways we may use your information:
- Respond to your inquiry about volunteering or hosting an event for Kentuckiana Stroke Association
- Purchase goods or services
- Enable you to make a donation or support an event
- Register for an event or meeting
- Deliver services, such as sending marketing communications and newsletters
Kentuckiana Stroke Association will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways other than those outlined in this statement. We do not store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card information. We will only share aggregate information with our partners and advertisers. This aggregate information does not contain personally identifiable information and therefore cannot identify any specific individual.
When the user signs up for services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
All information provided to Kentuckiana Stroke Association is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of National Stroke Association. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Kentuckiana Stroke Association uses Paypal and also an outside credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services or to process donations. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes. We also partner with other parties to provide specific services such as a secured site for financial transactions. As an option, users may register and create a personal account profile to provide more personalized information. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the user ID and password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under their account. Kentuckiana Stroke Association has no liability or responsibility for such use. Users are given the opportunity to “opt-out” of having their personal information used by third parties at the point where we ask for the information for purposes not directly related to our site. For example, our informational email messages have an “opt-out” mechanism so users who register can change their minds and be removed from receiving future informational messages. If you decide at a later time that you want to opt out of any of National Stroke Association services, you can also contact us at (502) 499-5757 or emailKsiStrokeAssoc@aol.com Please reference “Opt Out” in the subject line and describe which services you would like to opt out of in the body of the email. To update or change your information and preferences, please call us at (502) 499-5757.
Our Site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Web site for which Kentuckiana Stroke Association has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Call 911 or your doctor immediately if you feel you may be having a medical emergency. If you in anyway feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, contact your local law enforcement agency or call 911 immediately.
Kentuckiana Stroke Association reserves the right to remove postings from any social media affiliated with Kentuckiana Stroke Association at any time and for any reason. Kentuckiana Stroke Association reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of our participants or the community. However, Kentuckiana Stroke Association assumes no liability or responsibility to users of the Kentuckiana Stroke Association website, social medial or other digital online presence or any other entity/person for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
For all those who participate in social media that is associated with Kentuckiana Stroke Association on the Internet, you must be aware of the below agreements and restrictions to being a Kentuckiana Stroke Association participant :
- Never recreate any of our online, digital, printed media or other postings outside of the www.strokekyin.org domain without the express written permission from Kentuckiana Stroke Association;
- Participants must be at least minimum age of 13 to participate and have the consent of their legal guardian if under the age of 18.
- Collecting or harvesting of information about other participants, including but not limited to email addresses, without their consent will not be permitted;
- Kentuckiana Stroke Association in its sole discretion demands that participants never use discourteous, harassing, vulgar, slanderous, obscene, indecent language, discourteous, unlawful, defamatory, threatening, abusive or hateful words or images as determined by KSISA.
- Particpants may not post any form of chain letters, post, or pyramid scheme;
- Do not violate and/or infringe on the rights of any third party
- Racially offensive, bigoted, or hateful statements will not be tolerated under any circumstances;
- Post fundraising causes that do not benefit Kentuckiana Stroke Association, this includes but not limited to any self-promotion that could promote monetary gain;Refrain from using our events, platforms or social media outlets to solicit, advertise, sell to others or use our blog, online support group(s) or Message Boards for commercial purposes of any kind for any reason.
- Do not promote in anyway materials, social media post, digital media, blogs, or make comments that promote Kentuckiana Stroke Association competitors.
- Post that encourage our followers or supporters to rival organizations or websites will be removed and the participant(s) who posted said material will be blocked from participating in anyway with Kentuckiana Stroke Association ;
- Under no circumstances are participants permitted to post or distribute any form of software or other digital materials that may contain harmful components or a virus;
- All posted material, comments or statements must pertain to the designated general theme or topic;
- Do not violate any local, state, national, or international laws, including the intellectual property rights of others or the privacy or publicity rights of others while participating with the Kentuckiana Stroke Association;
- Participants must not discuss illegal activity or advocate illegal activities;
- Participants may not impersonate any another person/entity or allow any other person/entity to use your identification;
- Be courteous of others and refrain from posting the same note more than once or "spam"; or
- Any participant's use in any form that inhibits the use or enjoyment of other participants in the online community maybe blocked at the Kentuckiana Stroke Association discretion.
Each of the Kentuckiana Stroke Association participants are responsible for their own communications within social media. They will also solely be held responsible for the consequence(s) of posting, making digital communications, and/or their reliance on any communications made using social media.
Be cautious while participating in social media affiliated with Kentuckiana Stroke Association. It it not safe to assume that people are honest and are who they say they are, have experience to back up what they claim to know. Double check claims if they say they have affiliation. Not everyone online is honest and have the best of intentions. Information shared digitally or online via social media or other outlets may not be reliable. Before making decisions based partly or solely on information gathered online is a dangerous gamble. Do your research to ensure the information is credible and research based. Kentuckiana Stroke Association cannot be held responsible for the content or the accuracy of any information. We shall not be responsible for any decisions made based on such information.
Kentuckiana Stroke Association reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Will avoid endorsement of any for-profit products, including treatments and devices and disclose at the request of participants and the community any donations or fundraising support provided by other companies or providers.
- Monitor or disclose any communication occurring within social media affiliated with Kentuckiana Stroke Association.
Kentucky and Southern Indiana Stroke Association
3425 Stony Springs Circle #102 Louisville, Kentucky 40220
Email to: KsiStrokeAssoc@aol.com
Call: (502) 499-5757